There came a time when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. ~Anaïs Nin

Monday, January 31, 2011

Let's Recap


      Today is the last day of January  2011 which officially marks the end of my first cocktail-free month.  On January 1st, I, along with much of the free world, made my New Year’s Resolution, which for me was to give up alcohol for one year.

      For the first two weeks, I will admit, I was anxious and frustrated, and counting the days off one by one until 2012.  However, as the month went on, in an effort to deal with those negative feelings, I looked for new activities to take my mind off my beloved martini.

      First, I started this blog.  As a result, I have met some friends online that I otherwise would never have come across.  Second, I joined a women’s soccer league, giving me the opportunity to meet a new group of women, thus opening up the possibility of having a girls night out, and at the same time allowing me to engage in some intense physical activity.
 
      I played Scrabble for the first time in about 15 years, and I started working on my book, something I have been putting off for too long.  I am challenging myself by reading another Stephen King novel, which I am generally too scared to do, and I have beat my personal best for the amount of Starbucks tea consumed in a month.

      All in all, I would say this has been a pretty good month.  I am excited to see what new opportunities and challenges February will bring.  And I look forward to sharing this next leg of my journey with my loyal group of followers.

2 comments:

  1. I am proud of you Deborah! And genuinely happy for this chance to get to know you! The more I read, the more I like!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too, am proud of you Deborah! I am so thankful to have met you in this way...and I am truly enjoying getting to know you. You write very well Deborah...I look forward to reading about what February brings to you! Happy Tuesday my friend! XX

    ReplyDelete

Followers