There came a time when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. ~Anaïs Nin

Friday, March 18, 2011

Lent Day Ten - Fair Weather Fan in the Sky


     March Madness…one of my favorite times of the year.  I don’t generally follow college basketball, but I love this particular tournament.  Full of upsets, overtime games, and exciting finishes with the prize of the Final Four hanging in the balance.  It gives me the opportunity to watch teams play that I otherwise would not take the time to watch.

     But at the end of each game, I always wonder about the coaches who thank God for the win.  What message does that send to the losers of that game?  That God was not with them?  And with so much trouble in the world is this where God is focusing his energies?

     Once again, the human perspective of God is skewed,  leaving me with my myriad of questions, but the most important question remains…

    Did God fill out his bracket before or after He decided which teams to bless?

3 comments:

  1. maybe the coaches thank God that no one got hurt in their games. But we are to give thanks for all things, right? so winning a game or losing a game, giving thanks is always good.

    God knows whose team is going to win, does he decide it or does he allow free will and those that play the game the best to win?

    If he decides it, doesn't that make us puppets?

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I am so not into any sort of sport at all so I have nothing intelligent to add.:) Shocking I know.:)

    Enjoy yourself this weekend Deborah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ladies...Yes giving thanks is important, I was just having a little fun yesterday :)

    ReplyDelete

Followers