There came a time when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. ~Anaïs Nin

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Lent Day Twenty Three - The Calm After the Storm



My favorite movie of all time is Forrest Gump.  I love it for so many reasons, but one of the scenes I like the best was Lieutenant Dan on top of the mast of the shrimp boat yelling at God during the storm, which was ultimately how he made his peace with Him.

I have spent a lifetime questioning God, although not quite as dramatically as Lt. Dan.  I used to think my questions implied a lack of faith, but it was just my way of understanding something that is ultimately beyond human understanding. 

And I found that often times, my questions just led to more questions.  God has been faithful though.  Sending just the right book or person my way, who helped me make sense of the things that were holding me back from completely putting my faith in Him.

Since Lent, my blog entries have been focused on many of the questions that I have struggled with over the years, but today  as I sit at my computer to write my entry for the day, I realize that I don’t have any questions.  Not because I have all the answers.  That will never happen in this lifetime, but because I am satisfied with what God has chosen to reveal to me.  I believe, much like Lt. Dan, I have finally made my peace with Him.

And that’s all I have to say about that…

2 comments:

  1. that is so neat! and knowing that, then you will come to want to know him more and seek him for his wonderful fantastic characteristics and who knows, you might find yourself really having a great worship experience with him!!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just had to check in today Deborah!:)
    I love the conclusions you have come to! They are worth so much when we reach then after a struggle!
    There is constructive questioning and destructive, but when we are in a process of constructive questioning of faith and God, it is a wonderful thing how He provides us with peace! There is no harm in asking.:)

    I so enjoy your sharing your Lenten journey my friend! Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete

Followers