There came a time when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. ~Anaïs Nin

Friday, April 1, 2011

Lent Day Twenty Four - A Sad Farewell


As I think back over the last three months and this incredible journey I have been on since my initial decision on January 1st to give up alcohol for one year, and then blog about it, I am amazed at where I am at today.

Over the last three months, I have pursued new interests, like soccer and music.  I have moved away from self-help books, towards the Classics, like Shakespeare and during this Lenten season, I have renewed my faith in God.

I have enjoyed sharing my journey, but I believe that it’s time to move away from the blogosphere and continue on alone, with just God by my side.  I am excited to see where He will lead me. 

To my faithful followers I have just two things to say…first, I will miss you all terribly, I have enjoyed getting to know you through your blogs and comments.  And second, April Fools!

(I hope you know me well enough by now to know that I love my personal little soapbox way too much to give it up! ) I will be back tomorrow…I hope you will continue along on my journey with me.

8 comments:

  1. ummm wow I was REALLY upset because this is my first time here.

    You grabbed my attention with your comment on Beth's blog (be yourself...everyone is taken) so I thought I'd mosey over to see what you were all about and then I get here and your first paragraph grabbed me and then

    you say...this is it!

    Good April Fool's LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jakki! I just couldn't resist...thanks for stopping over. I'm not going anywhere, would love to have you join me on my journey! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, you got me!! And I had just finished a post on my blog about being gullible. Guess I still am, LOL. I am glad you are sticking around and I think it is good you gave up alcohol for a year; I did that once for an incredibly long story that I won't share here, but it was a good year and I honored my commitment to God to not drink for a year. I need to do that again LOL; I do enjoy a glass of wine in the evening as I read blogs :)

    have a good day and glad you are still here!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha ha - that was a good one - you totally got me too! I am glad you are continuing to blog! I follow you everyday and I am learning so much about you that I never knew - and isn't that sad - you have been my sister for 40 years!

    Keep blogging....

    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  5. You sure had me there...lol...my heart just fell when I read that sentence...thankfully it was an April fools joke....I am so proud of you Deb as you have taken this journey...so thankful to have you as a friend and to share in this journey with you...I try to read here as often as I can...please know that even if I don't comment I am praying for you and cheering you on from afar. I had so hoped to update and get around to comment on more blogs by now but pain, thyroid flairing and my little's keep me from doing so...I am really just trying to be in this moment and know that God is serving a purpose even in this.

    Love and hugs to you my sweet friend. XX

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ladies, I was just having some fun...lol...but seriously, your comments warm my heart. I am so grateful to all of you who stop by here to read my words and its so humbling that you would miss my blog.
    Betty, I am intrigued by your alcohol free year, I would love to know more about that!
    Dana, I hear you...we are sisters but we don't have the benefit of the day to day interaction, so sometimes we don't get to know everything about each other. I'm waiting for you to start your own blog!
    And Lori, thank you so much. I know things are difficult for you right now. I think of you often. It means so much to me that you continue to read my words. You are an incredibly strong, caring woman. Love and hugs to you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha ha you had me there! Glad you're not giving up blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  8. take care ~~~ visiting here with a smile ~~~

    ReplyDelete

Followers