There came a time when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. ~Anaïs Nin

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Lent Day Twenty Six - Not Your Average Cardio


I recently watched a news broadcast about a studio that was offering Pole Dancing for Fitness classes.  The reason it was on the news was because it was Christian based.  In other words, the girls were pole dancing to Christian music.  Apparently this caused quite a stir.

Not one to pass judgment on anything without finding out for myself, I googled Pole Dancing for Fitness in my area and sure enough there is a studio nearby that offers these classes as well as hula-hooping and zumba.  This is not a Christian based studio, but my curiosity has gotten the better of me. 

Now mind you, I’m 46 years old, and while I do keep myself pretty fit, I’m not exactly limber.   And as an ex-volunteer firefighter, my idea of what to do with a pole is just a bit different, but this is just too good to pass up.  

So I’ve added Pole Dancing for Fitness to my bucket list and signed up for an intro class,  all while doing my best to forget about what curiosity did to the cat.

1 comment:

  1. I would think as long as you didn't compromise yourself in any way and honored God with it, it could be an interesting thing to pursue!

    betty

    ReplyDelete

Followers