There came a time when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. ~Anaïs Nin

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

You Say That Like It's A Bad Thing

I love the fact that I am a laid back, easy-going person. It’s one of my favorite things about myself. So I get a bit defensive when someone calls me high maintenance.

I mean sure, I have lengthy conversations with the wait staff at restaurants, but I have some food intolerances, and I hate when people sit directly behind me in an empty movie theatre. (Don’t they know about personal space?)

And I am very particular about which songs go on my iPod, but who wants to listen to mediocre music?  For that matter, I don’t want to watch mediocre TV either, so I will usually be the one to decide what we watch.

I shop at one grocery store, one coffee shop, one gas station and one deli, but only because I am a loyal customer, certainly not from any irrational fears of venturing outside of my comfort zone.

And I’m outgoing and friendly, which goes along with my easy-going, laid back personality.  Unless, of course, I’m feeling angry, bored, frustrated or generally pissed off.  Then its best to stay clear until it passes.

No, I am definitely not high maintenance…

5 comments:

  1. This is too funny.

    I get you though. I am extremely laid back - until I'm not.

    The good news is, as we are generally laid back, the times that we are not tend to pass way faster, IMO.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm there with you when it comes to shopping. I'm the person who if it isn't in the local city, I don't need to go there.
    But whenever hubby thinks I am high maintance, all I have to do is mention other women's names and he shuts right up. yea, I know how to work him...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mamma! Thanks for stopping by!
    Hi Annabelle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love this....these could have been my words :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. :) Yes, I'm afraid I know exactly what you mean.

    ReplyDelete

Followers